Birmingham Central Foodbank works with frontline care agencies based in Ladywood ward, Soho ward and parts of surround areas including Hockley, Newtown, Lozells and Edgbaston. We are also working with a small selection of citywide agencies outside the area.
Frontline agencies become registered foodbank distributors and hold our vouchers which are given directly to an individual or family in crisis who then collects the food parcel from the foodbank.
Here are just some of the agencies we work with:
- Birmingham Settlement
- Newtown Customer Services
- Birmingham Citizen Advice Bureau (Birmingham City Centre)
- Local Children Centres (including Limetree and Soho Children centre)
- Vulnerable women projects (including Birmingham & Solihul Women’s Aid, Anawin, Safe project)
- Housing support (including Trident Reach, Bromford Support, Midland Heart)
- Intergrated Family Support Workers
- Birmingham Social Services
- Karis Neighbour Scheme ( If you live in the Ladywood and Edbaston Area)
- Ladywood Project (Ladywood Community and Health Centre)
- Ladywood Community Money Advice
- Drug addiction recovery services (including Swanswell, Nacro, Aquarius, Changes UK and the Safe project)
- St Basils (Youth homelessness)
- Midland Heart Homeless services (Adult homelessness)
- Job Centres
- Probation Services
- Birmingham City Council (Temporary Accomodation Team)
- Royal British Legion
If you’re a frontline agency are based in the areas we cover and would like to become one of our voucher distributors, please email email@example.com to request a registered distributor pack.
Our sponsors help make feeding people in crisis possible. If your organisation or business would like to raise funds, do food collection or become a sponsor of Birmingham Central Foodbank visit our get involved page and get in touch with us.